Communication Made Easy
14 June 2019 | Technology
Namib High School has found a new effective digital way of communicating. It is quiet the communicating tool and it can be downloaded from the application store.
The D6 School Communicator is a stand alone application designed to simiplify parent-school communication. This system includes all the information an engaged parent would need at the touch of a button. The D6 communicator includes news, calender events, homework for specific grades, useful informtion, gallery and contact lists.
This system is more effective for the parents because there will no longer be unnecessary letters going home that parents do not receive half of the time due to larner's carelessnesss. Now, parents can install the application on their mobile phone or personal computers and receive information without having to phone the school. Everything they might possibly need will be on the app.
Ms. R. Besser, a teacher and a parent, thinks that the communicator is a good thing. "Firstly, it saves costs for the school because less paper and cartridge is being used. Secondly, parents are constantly informed about important things concerning the school. Lastly it is easier to send information to the parents who do have the application," she says.
Less paper is being used and that is a good thing not only for the school but for the environment. Sadeyo Williams honestly thinks the the D6 app is a fantastic idea because he always forgets to give the letters to his parents. He is not the only one because other learners also agreed with this statement.
The principal, Mrs. R. September says,"We decided to implement the system because it is very effective. It really helps the school with cutting costs by printing less because learners do not hand over the letters to the parents which results in parents being uniformed." She adds that for the parents that failed to download the app that the school will set up a survey in the next month asking learners whose parents do not have the app. With this information the school will only print infornation for those parents.
The D6 communicator is already available and its success lies in the hands of the Namib High family. The principal urges parents to install the application. This will ensure parents being informed of everything that happens at school.
Facts on how people view websites
1. Text attracts more attention than pictures.
2. People start viewing your website from the top left corner.
3. Readers ignore banners. Surprise, suprise.
4. People only scan the lower parts of your website.
5. Short paragraphs work better than long ones.
6. Fancy fonts are ignored.
7. Big pictures attract more attention than small ones.
8. Also headlines draw attention.
9. Visitors spend more time looking at menus and buttons than other parts of your website.
10. Ads, that are placed on the top or left part of your website, get the most views.
11. Ads, that are placed inside or below an awesome piece of content, get more views.
12. Lists are better at keeping your reader focused than large paragraphs.
13. Some people even completely ignore large chunks of text.
14. White space is good!
15. Menu works best when placed in the top part of your website.